top of page

Millennial Support Group

Public·11 members
Luca Jackson
Luca Jackson

You 39;re The Air I Breathe Mp3 Download

You're the Air I Breathe: A Song That Touches the Soul

If you are looking for a song that can express your deepest feelings of love, gratitude, and faith, you might want to listen to "You're the Air I Breathe". This is a song that has been recorded by various artists and has touched millions of hearts around the world. In this article, we will explore the history, lyrics, meaning, and cover versions of this song, as well as how to download it in MP3 format.

The History of the Song

"You're the Air I Breathe" is a ballad written by British-Gibraltarian singer-songwriter Albert Hammond and Mike Hazlewood, initially recorded by Hammond on his debut album, It Never Rains in Southern California (1972). It was a major hit for the Hollies in early 1974, reaching number two in the UK Singles Chart.

you 39;re the air i breathe mp3 download

The Original Version by Albert Hammond

Albert Hammond wrote "You're the Air I Breathe" shortly after he moved to Los Angeles with his songwriting partner Mike Hazlewood. He said that he was inspired by the smoggy air in LA and how he missed his wife who was still in England. He said: "I was just sitting in my little apartment, looking out over LA and feeling very homesick. I thought about how much I loved my wife and how much I missed her. And then I thought about how much I needed her, like I needed air to breathe. And that's how the song came about."

Hammond recorded the song for his first solo album, It Never Rains in Southern California, which was released in 1972. The song was not released as a single, but it received some airplay on radio stations. Hammond said that he was surprised when he heard that the Hollies wanted to record his song. He said: "I was very flattered and honored that they liked my song so much. They did a great job with it. They made it their own."

The Hit Version by The Hollies

The Hollies were a British pop-rock band that had many hits in the 1960s and 1970s, such as "Bus Stop", "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother", and "Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress". In 1974, they recorded "You're the Air I Breathe" for their album Hollies. The song was produced by Ron Richards and featured a string orchestra arrangement and a horn section.

The song was released as a single in January 1974 in the UK and March 1974 in the US. It became one of their biggest hits, reaching number two in the UK Singles Chart and number six in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. It also reached number three on the US Adult Contemporary chart and number five on the Canadian RPM chart. The song was praised by critics and fans alike for its beautiful melody, harmonies, and lyrics. Alan Parsons, who did the audio engineering for the song, said that Eric Clapton told him that the first note of "You're the Air I Breathe" had more soul than anything he had ever heard.

The Lawsuit by Radiohead

In 1992 In 1992, Radiohead released their debut single "Creep", which became a worldwide hit and a grunge anthem. However, the song also attracted a lawsuit from Albert Hammond and Mike Hazlewood, the writers of "The Air That I Breathe". They claimed that Radiohead had copied the chord progression and melody of their song, which they had written for the Hollies in 1972.

Radiohead admitted that they were influenced by "The Air That I Breathe" and agreed to share the songwriting credits and royalties with Hammond and Hazlewood. Radiohead's guitarist Jonny Greenwood said: "It was a bit of a shock when we found out, because we thought we'd made it up. But then you realise that you don't, really. You just hear things and put them together."

The Lyrics and Meaning of the Song

"You're the Air I Breathe" is a song that can be interpreted in different ways, depending on the listener's perspective and context. Some of the possible meanings are:

A Song About Love and Devotion

One of the most common ways to understand the song is as a romantic declaration of love and devotion. The song expresses how much the singer needs and cherishes their partner, who is like the air they breathe. The song uses metaphors such as "without you I'm nothing", "you're my world", and "you're all I need to survive" to convey the intensity of their feelings. The song also implies that the singer would do anything for their partner, even if it means sacrificing their own happiness or life. The song can be seen as a tribute to true love and loyalty.

A Song About God and Faith

Another way to interpret the song is as a religious hymn or prayer. The song can be seen as addressing God or a higher power, who is the source of life and breath for the singer. The song expresses gratitude and reverence for God, who is always there for the singer, even in times of trouble or despair. The song also implies that the singer trusts and surrenders to God's will, even if it means facing challenges or hardships. The song can be seen as a testimony of faith and worship.

A Song About Life and Breath

A third way to understand the song is as a reflection on life and breath itself. The song can be seen as celebrating the miracle and beauty of being alive and breathing, which is often taken for granted or overlooked. The song reminds us that life is precious and fragile, and that we should appreciate every moment and every breath we have. The song also implies that we should live fully and authentically, following our dreams and passions, even if it means taking risks or making mistakes. The song can be seen as an invitation to live and breathe deeply.

The Cover Versions of the Song

"You're the Air I Breathe" is a song that has been covered by many artists from different genres and backgrounds, giving it new interpretations and meanings. Some of the notable cover versions are:

The Christian Version by Hillsong Worship

Hillsong Worship is a contemporary Christian music group from Australia, known for their popular worship songs such as "Shout to the Lord", "Mighty to Save", and "Oceans". In 2008, they released a cover version of "You're the Air I Breathe" on their album This Is Our God, under the title "You Are Here (The Same Power)".

Their version is clearly a religious one, as they change some of the lyrics to make them more explicitly about God. For example, they sing "You are here in your presence I'm made whole" instead of "You are here in my arms I'm alive again". They also add a bridge that says "The same power that conquered the grave lives in me / Your love that rescued the earth lives in me". Their version is a powerful and uplifting praise song that celebrates God's presence and power in their lives.

The Vocal Version by Christina Novelli and Richard Durand

Christina Novelli is an English singer-songwriter who has collaborated with many trance and EDM producers such as Dash Berlin, Gareth Emery, and Armin van Buuren. Richard Durand is a Dutch DJ and producer who has remixed songs by artists such as Tiësto, Armin van Buuren, and Bob Sinclar. In 2018, they released a cover version of "You're the Air I Breathe" as a single, under the title "The Air I Breathe". Their version is a vocal trance one, as they add electronic beats and synths to the original melody. They also change some of the lyrics to make them more suitable for the dance floor. For example, they sing "You're the air I breathe tonight" instead of "You're the air that I breathe". They also add a chorus that says "You're the air I breathe / You're everything to me / Oh baby don't you know / You're the air I breathe". Their version is a catchy and energetic dance anthem that showcases Novelli's powerful vocals and Durand's production skills.

The Acoustic Version by Russ Willoughby

Russ Willoughby is an American singer-songwriter and guitarist who has released several albums of folk and country music. In 2019, he released a cover version of "You're the Air I Breathe" on his album Songs from the Heart, under the title "The Air That I Breathe".

His version is an acoustic one, as he strips down the song to its bare essentials. He only uses his guitar and his voice to deliver the song, giving it a raw and intimate feel. He sings the original lyrics with sincerity and emotion, making them sound like his own. He also adds some harmonica solos to enhance the mood of the song. His version is a simple and heartfelt rendition that captures the essence of the song.

How to Download the Song in MP3 Format

If you want to download "You're the Air I Breathe" in MP3 format, you have several options to choose from. However, you should be aware of the legal and ethical implications of downloading music online. Here are some of the ways you can download the song:

The Legal Ways to Download the Song

The legal ways to download the song are to buy it from authorized online platforms or to stream it from licensed services. Some of the platforms where you can buy or stream the song are:

Platform Price Link --- --- --- iTunes $1.29 Amazon Music $1.29 Spotify Free with ads or $9.99/month for premium YouTube Music Free with ads or $11.99/month for premium By using these platforms, you are supporting the artists and their labels, as well as respecting their intellectual property rights. You are also ensuring that you get high-quality audio files that are free from viruses or malware.

The Free Ways to Download the Song

The free ways to download the song are to use online converters or downloaders that can extract MP3 files from YouTube videos or other sources. Some of the websites where you can do this are:

Website Link --- --- YTMP3 MP3Juices 4K Video Downloader However, you should be careful when using these websites, as they may no

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page