top of page

Women's Support Group

Public·10 members

Miles Kelly
Miles Kelly

Infinite Resize Script

Essentially we created an infinite loop that could not be fitted into a single animation frame, obviously. We broke it by holding up the change on the page using setTimeout() (although this is not perfect since it may cause some flickering to the users).

Infinite Resize Script

I've found that many similar issues caused because of the connection old-javascript-world (DOM manipulation, browser's events) and the new-javascript-world (React) may be solved by the setTimeout, but I would to avoid it and call it anti-pattern when possible.

In the resize-observer-text.html (see source) example, we use the resize observer to change the font-size of a header and paragraph as a slider's value is changed causing the containing to change width. This shows that you can respond to changes in an element's size, even if they have nothing to do with the viewport.

Note that this only prevents user-agent lockup, not the infinite loop itself. For example, the following code will cause the width of divElem to grow indefinitely, with the above error message in the console repeating every frame:

As long as the error event does not fire indefinitely, resize observer will settle and produce a stable, likely correct, layout. However, visitors may see a flash of broken layout, as a sequence of changes expected to happen in a single frame is instead happening over multiple frames.

I have multiple images with different dimensions. Is there a way to resize the height of multiple images at once without setting a specific width? I tried using the default action in photoshop (default > actions > commands > image size) but it requires I resize all images to have the same width.

Copy it to notepad. Save as "Steady Height with Proportional Width.jsx" (incl. double quotes) into 'Presets / Scripts' of your Photoshop folder. Then (re)launch Ps and you will find this script in 'File / Scripts' menu. You may bind some shortcut to it, so any time you want to use this script you will just press some key(s) (in some cases you didn't specified it may not work):

I wrote it in CS6 EXTENDED, but now tried in 19.1.3 version and it works too however you are right as I mistaken height with width. Now I corrected order, so layers won't be based on width, but height length. Additionally I added 'locked' layers case. So each time script meets them, they will be bypassed. Processing selected layers only version I will do a little later. Change:

Also, I think I should clarify what I am trying to do. I want to resize all images to have the same height while retaining each individual image dimensions (the PSD file is a collage and the width of the images I want to resize do not matter). Is there a function that will allow me to resize all 4 images at once to give them a height of 600px while retaining their original dimensions (so the width would automatically resize based on the height of the image)? Is it possible to do this in the original PSD file (without needing to alter the images in an outside folder)?

The separate layers that are turned into a smart object are treated as a single object in the fit image resize, so the total bounding area is sized to 600px, not each individual element in each separate layer.

As far as "each individual element in each separate layer". I was treating the image in the layer as the object to resize. If there are multiple images per layer, that is not clear from the OP.

Kukurykus I just tried your script in CC2018 with 3 layers selected, only 1 of the 3 layers is being resized to 600px high. Unless I have misunderstood the OP, all selected layers need to be the same height at 600 pixels, maintaining their original aspect ratio/proportional width. Each selected layer needs to be resized independently.

See Image Geometry for complete details about the geometry argument. The -adaptive-resizeoption defaults to data-dependent triangulation. Use the -filter to choose a different resampling algorithm.Offsets, if present in the geometry string, are ignored, and the -gravity option has no effect.

This option specifies the image resolution to store while encoding a rasterimage or the canvas resolution while rendering (reading) vector formats suchas Postscript, PDF, WMF, and SVG into a raster image. Image resolutionprovides the unit of measure to apply when rendering to an output device orraster image. The default unit of measure is in dots per inch (DPI). The -units option may be used to select dots per centimeterinstead.

The default resolution is 72 dots per inch, which is equivalent to onepoint per pixel (Macintosh and Postscript standard). Computer screens arenormally 72 or 96 dots per inch, while printers typically support 150, 300,600, or 1200 dots per inch. To determine the resolution of your display, usea ruler to measure the width of your screen in inches, and divide by thenumber of horizontal pixels (1024 on a 1024x768 display).

The -density option sets an attribute anddoes not alter the underlying raster image. It may be used to adjust therendered size for desktop publishing purposes by adjusting the scale appliedto the pixels. To resize the image so that it is the same size at a differentresolution, use the -resample option.

Colors are acquired from the source image according to a cylindricalresampling -filter, using a special technique known asEWA resampling. This produces very high quality results, especially whenimages become smaller (minified) in the output, which is very common whenusing 'perspective' distortion. For example here we viewa infinitely tiled 'plane' all the way to the horizon.

Note that a infinitely tiled perspective images involving the horizon canbe very slow, because of the number of pixels that are compressed to generateeach individual pixel close to the 'horizon'. You can turn off EWAresampling, by specifying the special -filter setting of'point' (recommended if you plan to use super-sampling instead).

Use matte to the change the pixel matte value to transparent.Follow the pixel coordinate with a method (see the color primitivefor a description of methods). The point method changes the mattevalue of the target pixel. The replace method changes the mattevalue of any pixel that matches the color of the target pixel.Floodfill changes the matte value of any pixel that matches thecolor of the target pixel and is a neighbor, whereas filltoborderchanges the matte value of any neighbor pixel that is not the border color (-bordercolor). Finally reset changes thematte value of all pixels.

No further options are processed after this option. Useful in a script to force the magick command to exit without actually closing the pipeline that it is processing options from. You can also use the option as a final option on the magick command line instead of an implicit output image, to completely prevent any image write. Note, even the NULL: coder requires at least one image, for it to 'not write'! This option does not require any images at all.

The Bessel and Sinc filter is also provided (as wellas a faster SincFast equivalent form). However these filters aregenerally useless on their own as they are infinite filters that are beingclipped to the filters support size. Their direct use is not recommendedexcept via expert settings (see below).

Note that the use of expert options is provided for image processing expertswho have studied and understand how resize filters work. Without thisknowledge, and an understanding of the definition of the actual filtersinvolved, using expert settings are more likely to be detrimental to your imageresizing.

This information is printed: image scene number; image name; image size;the image class (DirectClass or PseudoClass); the total number of unique colors; and thenumber of seconds to read and transform the image. Refer to MIFF fora description of the image class.

The results are thus equivalent to using -resize witha -filter setting of point (nearestneighbor), though -sample is a lot faster, as itavoids all the filter processing of the image. As such it completely ignoresthe current -filter setting.

The results are thus equivalent to using -resize witha -filter setting of box. Though it is a lotfaster, as it avoids all the filter processing of the image. As such itcompletely ignores the current -filter setting. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

(281) 789-8852

©2021 by Biblical Counselors of Houston. 

*Biblical Counselors of Houston is a Counseling Ministry. Our counselors are credentialed professional Biblical Counselors, not state licensed professional counselors, with privileges to apply biblical teachings to the fullest. 

bottom of page